Thursday, October 16, 2008

UP wins ICFC

I hate gloating, but by gad! My school won this year after being beaten by the Ateneo de Manila University last year. So indulge me. It's unprofessional, but my blood runs maroon.

10th FINEX Inter-Collegiate Finance Competition
This competition is one of the toughest and most anticipated in the Philippines and now it's becoming the most anticipated in the region as well. What with the growing number of foreign schools that are invited each year.
This year, a friend I met in a Conference I attended in Malaysia, competed. He's part of the team from the Assumption University in Thailand.
A few of the participants from the foreign schools have passed their CFA Level 1 last June. Interestingly, the team from the University of the Philippines - Diliman beat them all.

UPCBA Team
The 5 members of the team that beat them all were all my students once. They are truly great kids - not only intelligent, but with great attitude towards life. I suppose winning this tough competition says a lot about the tenacity of these kids. What more can I say about them, right?




No comments:

Holistic Junction

Business Schools; Holistic Junction is your source for Holistic Practitioners; Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Reflexology Schools; Alternative Healthcare; Insightful Literature and so much more!