Tuesday, October 14, 2008

it's a jungle out there (an MRT commuter's trick)

it's a jungle out there -- not with wild animals, but with people! What I mean is commuting in an overcrowded city such as Manila and Kuala Lumpur is like going to the jungle ==> you will never know what to expect.

<== See the picture on the left for instance.

It was taken sometime in August at Kuala Lumpur's monorail (during rush hour). There I was in Bukit Bintang waiting for the monorail to take me to KL Central, when the train did arrive, commuters who seconds before were peacefully queueing surged into the train. I was so astounded I stepped back & observed.
Several people wanted so much to catch that train that the doors of the train (as shown in the picture) broke down -- they won't open anymore when the guards, yes they do have guards like we do here in Manila, tried to open them so that they can ask some of the passengers to get down the train since it can't accommodate everyone.


I was reminded of this event yesterday [October 8, 2009] when I took the MRT going home. Whenever I board the MRT at Buendia Station (home means getting off at Cubao Station), I always take the south bound train and go alllllllllllllllll the way UP to Taft Station, by doing this I always have a seat which is a relief considering the 20 minutes ride home.
Such was my life when I was still working in Makati City few years back. Now, I thank God everyday that I only do MRT round trips once in a while -- only when I have meeting in Makati.
For fellow commuters, good luck - I hope you can get into the first train that arrives during rush hours. I do hate waiting for the train where I can finally squeeze in my 46 kilo body. ;-)
I know. Been there, done that.
Ciao.

No comments:

Holistic Junction

Business Schools; Holistic Junction is your source for Holistic Practitioners; Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Reflexology Schools; Alternative Healthcare; Insightful Literature and so much more!