Monday, February 2, 2009

what happened at BPI today => i went & registered a BPI Trade account

All over the world, financial markets are down - the stock markets, the futures markets, the commodities markets - whatever market you can think of, it's down!

Thus, the million dollar$ question is, is it the RIGHT time to buy? [This I will address in the next issue]

The point is WHETHER it is the RIGHT time to buy, a prudent investor should always be ready. Hence, I am readying myself to be able to take opportunities the moment they arise. **Imagine a frog flicking it's tongue immediately (at the blink of an eye, eherm, tongue) at an insect when it appears** That is my how I picture me now (still far from looking like a frog though). Better yet this picture says it ALL. That is ME celebrating *wink*wink*








So yesterday, I signed up in the Bank of the Philippine Islands' stock trading platform. It is called BPI Trade. I promised someone to share my experience in opening the account, but before that let me tell DDDDD reasons why I choose BPI Trade.

  1. BPI has the best online banking platform and processes. It is much better than BDO's which is just a step up from traditional banking.
  2. I have heard good things about BPI Trade from friends who have been using it. Using the platform actually made these friends invest more, and hence save more.
  3. I like it that trascations in BPI Trade will directly be credited/debited to my BPI account unlike traditional brokerages where you have to wait for the brokers to send you the check for the stock proceeds.
Now, so yesterday, I filled up the application online and the Web site instructed me to print the form AND together with other documents (photocopy of passport, SSS ID, or any 2 allowed ID) submit it to my BPI Branch. My Branch is the one in Cubao Supercentre - the one in front of Shopwise and beside AliMall.

Today, I went there and it was a very FUNNY experience. The branch doesn't know about BPI Trade. Yay! A good thing the branch manager was there and very accomodating. I explained to Sir Vic, the accomodating branch manager, the BPI Trade - BPI branch relationship. Mainly

  • I need to submit to the branch the printed form which I filled up online.
  • This is for the branch to verify my signatures (total of 5 in the BPI Trade application form)
  • If I am not an existing BPI account holder, then I need to open an account right there and then.
  • But since I am a cardholder, the branch needs to attach a photocopy of my account's signature card to the BPI Trade application form
  • Then the branch has to forward the complete form to BPI's Fulfillment Banking (whatever that is)
It was fun though. Funny that I have to inform the bank about one of its products. Sir Vic promised to send the form right after I submitted it to him.

Now, let's wait and see how fast BPI's Fulfillment Banking works and how soon I get my BPI Trade account.

Thanks Sir Vic!


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


myfirstmillion

↑ Grab this Headline Animator






[Image from www.telegraph.co.uk]

2 comments:

Work at Home Online Jobs said...

nice. well see how this goes. good luck.

http://pinoydeal11.blogspot.com
http://pinoyfreedownloads.blogspot.com

An aspiring millionaire said...

It was really funny. while I was explaining, some of the customers dropped by and stayed to listen ;-)

Really funny

Holistic Junction

Business Schools; Holistic Junction is your source for Holistic Practitioners; Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Reflexology Schools; Alternative Healthcare; Insightful Literature and so much more!