Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Read a Book, Enrich Yourself







As I said before, accumulating knowledge on investments and wealth management is as important as the investment process itself. I know this for a fact. I would not be able to trade stocks and other financial instruments without the know-how on when to buy and sell.
Hence, I have committed myself to master finance. I am sitting for the Chartered Financial Analyst Level 3 exam this June. After which, I earn the right to use the CFA designation (after the satisfactory evaluation of relevant 4-year experience. CFA is gold standard in the finance profession.




Aside from the 4-year relevant experience requirement, a candidate needs to pass three exams: Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3. This June I am taking the last Level. Sure, the exams are very difficult, but a candidate can take the exams as many as necessary [until he or she passes]. One must strive to pass at the first take - the exam fee can go as high as US $1,000.
For those who are not interested in the Charter, a commitment to read a business book every month is enough. To help you get started, here is a link to a FREE book I have found on the Net. The book is John Perkins' Confessions of an Economic Hitman.
A new investment and business theory, concept and idea you get from a book is worth the time spent reading it. For to grow, you have to learn.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


myfirstmillion

↑ Grab this Headline Animator


[Image from CFA]

No comments:

Holistic Junction

Business Schools; Holistic Junction is your source for Holistic Practitioners; Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Reflexology Schools; Alternative Healthcare; Insightful Literature and so much more!